Last updated: 2013
- Greece has a universal Health Care system
- Life expectancy in Greece is 80.3 years, above the average of 79.5
- Health care in Greece is provided through national or private health insurance
- The Health Care system in Greece is ranked 14th worldwide above countries such as Germany(25) and UK(18)
- Greece has 131 hospitals and 35,000 beds (2009) higher than UK, Spain & Italy
- Greece has the largest number of doctors-to-population ratio of any OECD country
- Greece was ranked the 19th best country out of 176 countries for newborn babies
- Infant mortality is one of the lowest in the developed world
- The largest general hospital in Greece is “Evangelismos” General Hospital of Athens with 1,100 beds.
- The largest Private Hospital in Greece is “Mitera” (Children’s & Maternity Hospital )
- The “Interbalkan European Medical Center” in Thessaloniki in Greece is one of the best in Europe
- A residence permit in Greece gives access to the Health Care System
HOSPITALS IN GREECE
EUROPEAN MEDICAL CENTER
The largest about 52,000 Sq.m, the most modern private hospital in northern Greece.
The first large Private Hospital that has operated in Greece and one of the largest private hospital units in Greece.
ATHENS MEDICAL GROUP